Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) – Acute Care
|Location:||Big Stone Gap, VA|
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) - Acute Care
MLT Job Summary:
We are looking for a dedicated Medical Laboratory Technician with Acute Care experience to work at an excellent medical laboratory in Big Stone Gap, VA. This is a fantastic opportunity to build your med lab tech skills while advancing your MLT career. The job will entail setting up lab equipment, collecting and receiving body fluid and tissue samples from patients, and then preparing the samples for routine testing with a microscope or analyzer. Some results will be further analyzed using a computer. Samples may need to be stored properly for future use. The lab work area and equipment will be cleaned to prepare for the next shift.
- Set up, adjust, and maintain medical laboratory equipment.
- Collect and receive tissue and bodily fluid samples and prepare for testing.
- Run tests on samples using a microscope or automatic analyzer.
- Review the test results to see if abnormalities or diseases were detected.
- Properly store tissue samples as needed and clean lab equipment.
- Valid national and/or state certification as required
- Associate degree or higher in a related field from an accredited educational institution
- 1 year of medical laboratory experience within the last 3 years
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay package
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
- Retirement planning and savings options
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Preferred Healthcare is a well-established and highly reputable staffing agency that specializes in placing therapy and allied health professionals in positions carefully aligned with their skills and career goals. We pride ourselves on honesty, building lasting relationships, and genuinely taking care of our HCPs. We believe this helps to achieve our mutual goal: better patient care. Awarded Best of Staffing (6 years straight!) and Certified by The Joint Commission. For immediate consideration, please call 800-787-6787 or apply to this job.
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state, or local law.