Medical Technologist (MT) – Acute Care
Medical Technologist (MT) - Acute Care
MT Job Summary:
We are looking for a talented Medical Technologist with Acute Care experience to work at an excellent healthcare facility in Gainesville, FL. This is a fantastic opportunity to build upon your medical laboratory skills while advancing your career as a MT. The job entails preparing body fluid and tissue samples, executing a range of tests and procedures, and analyzing the results. You have strong attention to detail, an analytical mind, and are process-oriented.
- Determine normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and gastric juices.
- Analyze blood cells by counting and identifying cells, using microscopic techniques and procedures.
- Prepare blood, plasma, and platelets for transfusions by conducting blood group, type, and compatibility tests.
- Prepare reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Current Medical Technologist state license
- Experience with Hematology, Coagulation, and Serology
- Must be licensed in Microbiology and Serology
- Experience with LIS (Meditech) required
- BLS and ASCP Certifications
- 1 year of travel experience
- 2 years of medical laboratory experience within the last 5 years
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay package
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
- Retirement planning and savings options
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Preferred Healthcare is a well-established and highly reputable staffing agency that specializes in placing therapy and allied health professionals in positions carefully aligned with their skills and career goals. We pride ourselves on honesty, building lasting relationships, and genuinely taking care of our HCPs. We believe this helps to achieve our mutual goal: better patient care. Awarded Best of Staffing (6 years straight!) and Certified by The Joint Commission. For immediate consideration, please call 800-787-6787 or apply to this job.
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state, or local law.