Art Therapist – Outpatient
|Shift:||8 Hour Shift|
Art Therapist - Outpatient
We are looking for a talented Art Therapist with Outpatient experience to work at an excellent healthcare facility in Vacaville, CA. This is a great opportunity to build upon your art therapy skills while advancing your career. The job will entail using art therapy to assist patients in exploring underlying feelings and emotional conflicts that impair their physical, cognitive, and emotional wellbeing. You care about patients and strive to help them improve the quality of their lives through the creation of art.
- Consult with patients to discuss their medical histories and identify the problems or conditions they wish to overcome.
- Conduct art therapy sessions with patients using various types of visual art, including drawing, sculpting, painting, ceramics, and clay modeling.
- Discuss patients’ artworks with them to evaluate the meaning and emotions behind each.
- Maintain detailed records of patients` progress as well as observations made during art therapy sessions.
- Collaborate with other healthcare practitioners to develop or integrate personalized treatment plans.
- Master’s degree in Art Therapy or Counseling
- Certified by the Art Therapy Credentials Board (ATCB).
- Active state license as art therapist
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- 6 months of experience within the last 5 years
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay package
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
- Retirement planning and savings options
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Preferred Healthcare is a well-established and highly reputable staffing agency that specializes in placing therapy and allied health professionals in positions carefully aligned with their skills and career goals. We pride ourselves on honesty, building lasting relationships, and genuinely taking care of our HCPs. We believe this helps to achieve our mutual goal: better patient care. Awarded Best of Staffing (6 years straight!) and Certified by The Joint Commission. For immediate consideration, please call 800-787-6787 or apply to this job.
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state, or local law.