Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) – Skilled Nursing Facility
|Shift:||8 Hour Shift|
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) - Skilled Nursing Facility - Per Diem
COTA Job Summary:
Create your own flexible per diem schedule – full time or part time! Work with dozens of facilities in your local region through just one contact. We are looking for a talented Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant with Skilled Nursing Facility experience to work at excellent healthcare facilities in the Fremont, California area. This is a fantastic opportunity to build upon your occupational therapy skills while advancing your COTA career. The job will entail providing therapy and rehabilitation services to patients at the facilities. You care about patients and are committed to empowering them to participate more fully in daily tasks when that ability is compromised by a health condition. Under the supervision of an occupational therapist, you will help patients develop, recover, improve, and maintain the skills needed for daily living and working.
- Support patients to help them progress towards the targets agreed upon with the occupational therapist.
- Carry out observations. For example, how a patient copes with daily living functions.
- Accurately report patient status and progress to supervisor.
- Document patient care in a timely, legible, and efficient manner.
- Utilize resources and materials in an efficient and safe manner.
- Perform all duties promptly in a competent and caring manner.
- Active state license as a certified occupational therapy assistant
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- 6 months of COTA experience within the last 5 years
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay package
- Work with multiple facilities in your area
- Retirement planning and savings options
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Preferred Healthcare is a well-established and highly reputable staffing agency that specializes in placing therapy and allied health professionals in positions carefully aligned with their skills and career goals. We pride ourselves on honesty, building lasting relationships, and genuinely taking care of our HCPs. We believe this helps to achieve our mutual goal: better patient care. Awarded Best of Staffing (6 years straight!) and Certified by The Joint Commission. For immediate consideration, please call 800-787-6787 or apply to this job.
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state, or local law.