Histotechnologist – Acute Care
Histotechnologist - Acute Care
We are looking for a talented Histotechnologist with Acute Care experience to work at an excellent healthcare facility in Potsdam, NY. This is a fantastic opportunity to build upon your medical laboratory skills while advancing your career as a Histo Tech. The job entails preparing specimens for analysis and performing tests as directed by a pathologist to diagnose disease or other abnormalities. You have strong attention to detail, an analytical mind, and are process-oriented.
- Prepare histologic slides from tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by pathologists.
- Stain tissue specimens with dyes or other chemicals to make cell details visible under microscopes.
- Cut sections of body tissues for microscopic examination, using microtomes.
- Mount tissue specimens on glass slides.
- B.A./B.S. in Biological Science and meet all licensing requirements
- Cytotechnologist Certification (ASCP Registered)
- 6 months of experience within the last 5 years.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay package
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
- Retirement planning and savings options
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Preferred Healthcare is a well-established and highly reputable staffing agency that specializes in placing therapy and allied health professionals in positions carefully aligned with their skills and career goals. We pride ourselves on honesty, building lasting relationships, and genuinely taking care of our HCPs. We believe this helps to achieve our mutual goal: better patient care. Awarded Best of Staffing (6 years straight!) and Certified by The Joint Commission. For immediate consideration, please call 800-787-6787 or apply to this job.
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state, or local law.