Special Education Teacher – School
|Location:||Grand Junction, CO|
Special Education Teacher (SPED) - School
SPED Job Summary:
We are looking for a talented Special Education Teacher with experience to work at an educational facility in Grand Junction, CO. This is a great opportunity to build upon your teaching skills while advancing your career. The job will entail educating children who face physical, mental, emotional, and learning disabilities. You care about kids and strive to help each maximize his or her potential. You possess excellent communication skills, a supportive mindset, and the inclination to work with the designated age group(s).
- Collaborate with team of teachers, therapists, psychologists, specialists, and social workers to design an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the IEP.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of student.
- Set learning goals for each student, assess their progress, and record their evaluations.
- Update parents on the progress of their students and enlist parental support with behavior control and home activities.
- Active state teaching credential
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- 6 months of experience within the last 5 years
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay package
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
- Retirement planning and savings options
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Preferred Healthcare is a well-established and highly reputable staffing agency that specializes in placing therapy and allied health professionals in positions carefully aligned with their skills and career goals. We pride ourselves on honesty, building lasting relationships, and genuinely taking care of our HCPs. We believe this helps to achieve our mutual goal: better patient care. Awarded Best of Staffing (6 years straight!) and Certified by The Joint Commission. For immediate consideration, please call 800-787-6787 or apply to this job.
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state, or local law.