Special Education Teacher – School
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
|Shift:||8 Hour Shift|
Special Education Teacher (SPED) - School
SPED Job Summary:
We are looking for a talented Special Education Teacher with experience to work at an educational facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is a great opportunity to build upon your teaching skills while advancing your career. The job will entail educating children who face physical, mental, emotional, and learning disabilities. You care about kids and strive to help each maximize his or her potential. You possess excellent communication skills, a supportive mindset, and the inclination to work with the designated age group(s).
- Collaborate with team of teachers, therapists, psychologists, specialists, and social workers to design an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the IEP.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of student.
- Set learning goals for each student, assess their progress, and record their evaluations.
- Update parents on the progress of their students and enlist parental support with behavior control and home activities.
- Active state teaching credential
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- 6 months of experience within the last 5 years
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay package
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
- Retirement planning and savings options
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Therapeutic Resources is a PT founded REHAB & ALLIED staffing agency, proudly placing clinicians throughout the US since 2000. Based in Portland, Oregon, Therapeutic Resources is a boutique staffing agency with a company culture of honesty, above & beyond customer service, integrity, and longevity. Our goal is to make the best match possible for clinicians and clients based on skillset and desired location. Our recruiters have local knowledge, years of experience, and most importantly.... we listen to you! We encourage you to view our many five-star reviews on Indeed.
Therapeutic Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state, or local law.