Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) – School
|Shift:||8 Hour Shift|
Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) - School
SLI Job Summary:
We are looking for a dedicated Sign Language Interpreter with School experience to work at an educational facility in Hobbs, New Mexico. This is a great opportunity to build your SLI skills. The job will entail interpreting educational and general information exchanged in the school setting by using American Sign Language or other manual and oral methods of communication for the deaf and hard of hearing. You care about kids and strive to help each maximize his or her potential. You possess excellent communication skills, a supportive mindset, and the inclination to work with the designated age group(s).
- Provide sign-language interpreter services.
- Interpret lectures, discussions, announcements, conversations, meetings, events, and other spoken word situations.
- Receive requests for accommodations and documents, determine services needed, and coordinate services for deaf or hard of hearing students.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are compliant with Section 504 and ADA.
- HS Diploma or GED, Associate degree preferred
- American Sign Language (ASL) certification, through State Board for Evaluation of Interpreters (BEI) or National Registry Interpreter for the Deaf (RID)
- Must have an Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment (EIPA) score of 3.5 or higher
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- 6 months of experience preferred within the last 5 years
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay package
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
- Retirement planning and savings options
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Therapeutic Resources is a PT founded REHAB & ALLIED staffing agency, proudly placing clinicians throughout the US since 2000. Based in Portland, Oregon, Therapeutic Resources is a boutique staffing agency with a company culture of honesty, above & beyond customer service, integrity, and longevity. Our goal is to make the best match possible for clinicians and clients based on skillset and desired location. Our recruiters have local knowledge, years of experience, and most importantly.... we listen to you! We encourage you to view our many five-star reviews on Indeed.
Therapeutic Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state, or local law.